Monday, October 19, 2009

Yes, I'm still here!

Bah! I haven't had the baby and my midwife won't induce me. I'm getting pretty dang uncomfortable but most of all I'm so tired of people asking me, "you're still here?" I want to say, "no, I'm only a figment of your imagination" or "no, I had the baby and stuffed a pillow under my shirt just to trick you." I think the "you're still here" is worse than, "you're so big." That one is just plain rude but I think I'm more frustrated by the fact I'm still pregnant. The worst offenders are the people at church. I've been ducking out after sacrament so I don't get trapped by them in the halls afterward. Bad, but I'm keeping pregnancy rage at bay so it'll do.

I decided to use a nurse midwife for this baby because I have a bad reaction to the epidural. I didn't realize she was going to make me stay pregnant for 2 extra weeks! I'm seriously debating breaking my own water. Not really, but it sounds threatening, doesn't it? I'm hoping and praying she will deliver me a week after my due date. Oh, I'm not really sure when that is because they've changed it 3 times. Originally it was the 26th but ultrasound at 7 weeks said 24th then, ultrasound at 13 weeks said the 19th. The midwife was using the 24th but when I asked to be induced last week (I know, I know, a teense bit early :P) she said I wasn't due until the 26th!!! I think she used the longest date just to shut me up.

Anyway, I'm going to beg and plead with her next week and will hope for a Halloween baby, at the latest! Pray that everything will be alright for the baby and I will be able to hold on to the last vestiges of my sanity.

1 comment:

karlie said...

im praying for ya to have that babe!!!! post pics when she does make her grand entrance! hang in there!