Thursday, September 23, 2010

Swimming Pool

Ok, I know I TOTALLY stink at posting.  But, I was on Facebook for about 3 months and posted there.  That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.  I've decided FB is a big waste of time not to mention a privacy nightmare and spam headache.  Unfortunately, I had a few friends who posted EVERYTHING.  So, every time they posted something I got a whole wall of "so and so just bought a cat on animal farm"  or "help!  so and so forget to feed their pet platypus"...so ridiculous.  I digress...

Anyway, we had an interesting Spring.  Julia got pertussis (whooping cough) and was hospitalized at Children's for a week after she kept throwing up and passing out after coughing spells.  Luckily, we got it in time (just barely) and she's fine with no permanent damage.   If you don't know already, make sure you have your pediatrician test for pertussis if your kids have a bad cough.  Its a very simple test and the disease is treated with antibiotics.  However, it can get out of hand quickly as we found out.

We decided to put a pool in this year, as you know from my previous post, and were so grateful for it after all the crap we'd been through the past year.  Its absolutely beautiful and we LOVE it.  The kids go in it almost everyday, even after school.  We have solar so it stays warm although, its not quite warm enough now for me to go in it, but the kids love it.  We take Julia in the spa before her bath time and she absolutely goes crazy.  I hope you like the pictures.

This was actually 4th of July



Julia trying on her new swim suits

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wait, so are you on FB? I can't find you. And you don't have to see all the farmville, etc. crap that people post if you don't want to. I got so sick of it that I clicked "hide" on the upper right side of the post and then you don't have to see it any more. And I want to come see your pool! I think I'll just call you.

*katie said...

So beautiful! I definitely need to come see it in person.