Sunday, June 14, 2009

Curse these fat fingers!






For the first time during this pregnancy, I had serious trouble getting my wedding ring off.  I ran my poor finger under cold water as my husband watched and tried not to laugh at me.  It took almost 5 minutes to get the thing off!  I am only 5 months!!!  Am I going to turn into a big bloated blimp?  Personally, I blame these Mormon get togethers that ALWAYS have treats.  I know, I know, I could use will power and avoid the desserts but with so many yummy goodies I would need more than a will of steel.  

So, now that I'm knocked up and lookin' like I don't have a husband with no ring on, what do I do?  Do I wear the thing on a necklace, buy a replacement ring?  What???

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Good one! Only you would figure out how to get a new ring? Of course, if the ring size is bigger so should the diamond, right? Go for it if you can get away with it,otherwise leave it at home and keep them guessing about the hubby thing.

kristifritzel said...

Go buy a CZ to wear. The kind that you have secretely always wanted but is too gaudy really buy as a wedding ring. ;)
You should try hanging out at the hospital. Nurses always have treats to stay awake. Last night's potluck was 6 liters of Mt Dew, cheesecake, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, twizzlers, chocolate mousse cake, and bread with spinach dip! I don't even have the excuse of being pregnant!

DANI KYNASTON said...

I take mine off. I figure if someone thinks I am single and knocked up, that is their problem. What do I care?! I think most women who have been pregnant know not to judge anyway.

karlie said...

may i say that i think you are looking FABULOUS my dear! Hang in there! :)

Weston Family said...

I didn't wear my ring for several years because it didn't fit. And I never had anyone flirt with me either!

Seriously, you might get a few romantic looks without that ring. Be sure to give them a disdainful scorn.