Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby Shower

The infamous baby shower! This was such a great time for me. In our ward, somebody has had a baby every month since July = tons of baby showers. In fact, we had 2 in September, mine and another sister who just adopted. I know people must be getting burned out on these showers. I know I am lol. I SO appreciate all of you who were able to come and those of you who couldn't make it but were thinking of me. I was a little embarrassed by all the attention but it was so fun. We played some really silly games - I know a lot of people complain about baby shower games, but these were fun. Tonya did such an amazing job coming up with these games. One included looking at diapers with melted candy bars in them and trying to figure out what the candy bar was before it melted. You can imagine what the melted candy bars looked like. One woman was so disgusted by the whole thing, she'd laugh and say, "I can't..." and then pass the diapers on. Another game was your typical "identify the baby food in a labeless jar" game. My best friend, who currently is not a mother, and me, who hasn't seen baby food in ages, won! Can you believe it?!? It was so much fun!

Deb cooked an awesome meal - I totally wasn't expecting that. Deb is an amazing cook and pretty much anything she touches tastes gourmet. Anyway, there was a great salad and BBQ sandwiches, fruit and my most favorite custard tarts instead of a cake. Deb hosted the party at her house and made all the food. I was so impressed and completely awed by all the work. Thank you so much Deb and Tonya!!!

I got a lot of really awesome presents. Since I've never had a girl and have long ago gotten rid of baby things, I really needed a lot. I was so appreciative of all the thoughtful gifts everybody got for me. Thanks to everyone! You really made me feel special.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Looks like a beautiful party! Wish I was there :)

kristifritzel said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad it was great for you. You look great for being so close!

Ginger said...

It was a really fun shower. Great turnout too. I think everyone is excited for you. I just saw your rotating baby on the blog and can't believe you only have 23 days to go! Wow! It's almost here!

Weston Family said...

What a great shower. If you weren't so incredible, you wouldn't have so many friends!