Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lizards!


















How do you know you are the mother of boys???
When you find a dismembered lizard in your washing machine. Yes, disgusting, I know.

As I was transferring a load of laundry (Gs no less) to the dryer, I thought I saw a piece of dark lint in the washing machine. I pulled it out and took a closer look at it. It was HALF of a lizard!!! I completely freaked out, throwing the rubbery lizard body on the floor in the laundry room and called for the only child who could be potentially responsible - Cade. (He "accidentally" killed a pet lizard in the past by petting it too much - just like Lenny in Of Mice and Men.) Also, Cade likes slithery creatures and often tries to make them pets so I assumed he may have put this poor thing in his pocket and forgot about it.

Anyway, I made Cade go through all of our clothes looking for the other half of the lizard - the tail and back legs were still missing. Unbelievably, he found the other half sticking to some bottoms. I turned the dryer on super high/steam and hoped for the best in disinfecting our laundry.

Later, we were giving Cade such a hard time about this poor lizard, calling him "lizard killer" all the while assuring him we believed the lizard death was only manslaughter and not murder etc. etc. He got so mad at us, protesting his innocence profusely, but we still kept pestering him. I guess you have to get back at your kids when you can, right? Especially after finding two halves of a lizard in your wash. Anyway, avoiding washing our clothing with the kids' did us no good this time. I can't help but be a little freaked out anticipating what I might find in my washer or dryer in the future.

7 comments:

kristifritzel said...

ugh! I am ready to puke just reading about it. Maybe I can handle the painting on the carpets, climbing on things for a little while longer.

kristifritzel said...

And did you really post at 1 am? get some sleep girl!

Nicole said...

Oh, gross! I would have freaked!

Weston Family said...

I can only shudder and be very grateful that you didn't give birth right there in the laundry room. Those new babies kinda look like lizards for awhile, you know?

Ginger said...

Oh the memories! It won't get better for a very long time! That's the price for having boys. The girl will be different (hopefully).

*katie said...

oh.my.GROSS!!!!!! I'm totally shuddering right now! You know there is no way I could handle that!! ICK!

Anonymous said...

hahaha awesome!! and totally disgusting at the same time.