Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christmas, better late than never

 

IMG_0046_edited-1Yes, I am finally getting to my Christmas pictures.  But, as I said in the post title, better late than never!

We celebrate Christmas at our house on Christmas Eve.  I love to make Christmas Eve dinner.  Its so much easier than Thanksgiving!  We do the traditional prime rib and all the trimmings.

IMG_0123_edited-1 

I know I look like a dork here but he wouldn’t take a picture of the food without me in the picture – bleh.

All the immediate family came over.  I do love the holidays because we are all able to get together, talk, and have fun at least a couple times a year.

IMG_0104_edited-1

Julia and her Deda

IMG_0109_edited-1Cade and Henry playing as usual

IMG_0116_edited-1 

Me and my brother

The kids got so many presents this year.  I thought we kept the amount down but all the relatives bought them so much stuff.  They made out like bandits.  It was like hyenas attacking the sick wildebeest.

IMG_0155_edited-1

We got the boys a bunch of camping gear for scouts.  We wanted to get them stuff they could use throughout the year.  Almost every Christmas they get a bunch of toys and 2 weeks later they are all broken.  So, this year we got them useful presents.

IMG_0171

IMG_0187

Cade was so sweet and got Victor an awesome tool belt.  It was such a thoughtful gift as he is always fixing something around the house.

IMG_0182_edited-1

I made some capes for the boys based on my friend Lynn’s awesome tutorial.  You can see it below.  He’s wearing it while riding his new bike in the house no less.

IMG_0196

Julia was into everything.  She obviously didn’t know what was going on other than there was lots of pretty paper to rip up.  We did get her a baby doll in a stroller.  She was SO cute with it.  I love to see her play with and nurture her baby.  It really brings home to me how important it is that I am able to be with her everyday and how she is modeling my mothering.  It makes me feel so blessed.

IMG_0205_edited-1IMG_0208_edited-1 

IMG_0216_edited-1It was an awesome day but I must say I’m glad all the Christmas craziness is over.  Now, its time to do some Spring cleaning!

2 comments:

kristifritzel said...

Hey, you are doing better than me! I am just posting Halloween. I love CHristmas, it's my absolute favoritest holiday of all.

*katie said...

So fun!! The kids look like they loved every minute of Christmas morning! And I agree, as much as I love Christmas, it was nice to put it all away and start cleaning.