Monday, January 10, 2011

I love to see the Temple…

IMG_0366_edited-1

Before Christmas we went to the Temple to see the lights.  I had never been there during Christmastime and was really excited to go!  It was so beautiful.  The Temple is already beautiful, but it was extra special at Christmas. 

IMG_0358

There were two really beautiful nativity scenes set up on the lawns.  The lights were amazing.  My camera does not do them justice.  Unfortunately, it went a little wonky so most of the pictures I took there didn’t turn out so great.  But, the beauty of it is in my heart.

IMG_0382

We decided to go to the Mormon Battalion afterward since it was pretty close to the Temple.

IMG_0384_edited-1 

I had never been there either so it was a real treat.  We went on a weeknight and there was nobody there.  It was amazing!  I loved the movies and the themed rooms.  So kid friendly!  I love how they made the story so interactive.  It was like being at Disneyland.  Because nobody was really there that night, the boys got to try on all the cool gear the soldiers wore.  They had a ball.

IMG_0386_edited-1 IMG_0390_edited-1 IMG_0393_edited-1

IMG_0397_edited-1

We got there pretty late so we couldn’t pan for gold or look at the brick making equipment.  I’d love to go there some Saturday and then explore Old Town too.

We had a wonderful evening starting at the Temple and then learning all about the amazing pioneers of the Church.

2 comments:

*katie said...

Beautiful picture of the temple! I'm sad, we didn't make it this year...next year it's a must!

Ginger said...

I meant to get to see the temple lights and ran out of time. Next year for certain. I haven't been to the Mormon Battalion but all of my kids that have gone just love it. Need to put it on the to do list.