Saturday, October 18, 2008

Naps...curse or blessing?

Ok, ok, I know I said naps were a blessing in my "52 Blessings" but I'm starting to wonder if they really are. Lately, I have been taking naps with Henry since he's been super fussy about going down for a nap in his own bed- bad habit, I know. Anyway, I lie down with him in my bed thinking I will just wait until he starts to get tired or falls asleep. Not a good idea. I fall asleep before he does! Then, I'm up all night because I took a stinkin' nap for a couple of hours. I tried to drink a bunch of diet pepsi today to stay awake but to no avail.

The positive outcome of all of this is my son loves to take naps with me so if I'm tired I can get some rest. I still sleep with my Pooh bear, pathetic I know, and so does Henry. So cute! I love how Henry is so similar to how I was as a little kid. Lately, my husband has enjoyed taking pictures of us sleeping. I don't know if he thinks it is cute or sad. Anyway, here are the pictures. Oh, and I haven't gained 300lbs like it appears in the photo that makes me look like I have 5 chins.

3 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

I love a good nap, but just haven't been able to get one in! I agree though, it makes it really hard to go to sleep at a decent time!
Your header turned out cute! Looks like you figured it out!

*katie said...

Oh so sweet! I SO wish I could naps easily. I have to be ridiculously tired to fall asleep during the day...cute pics!

Ginger said...

Naps are the best. I wish we had siesta where everything shuts down in the middle of the day. Love your new blog look, love the nap, love the bear.