Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jon and Kate plus 8

I was just wondering if anybody else was completely annoyed by the show "Jon and Kate plus 8." When I first started watching the show, I thought it was funny and sympathized with all their kid mishaps. Now, the show totally annoys me. Why, you ask? The whole hardship of raising 2 sets of multiples (8 kids) seems like a crock of *&^% to me. At first, I could tell they were struggling, trying to keep it together but now it seems that since their show has aired for a while they are getting all sorts of kickbacks. The latest episode, shows all of them flying to Hawaii while making multiple trips to the bathroom with the kids, which looked miserable. One problem - they were flying first class. What's up with that? Moreover, they are going to Hawaii to renew their vows, which is lovely, but who is paying for this? Also, did anybody see the episode in which Jon was given free hair plugs? Has anybody noticed that if you look hard enough there is always an extra helper with them? She's rarely filmed, but she's there. Oh, they are also buying a house on like 5 acres. He's the only one who works and I'm pretty sure he doesn't make enough for all this (I could be wrong).

Here's my problem: Okay, so they had twins, took more fertility drugs and had 6 more. Life is tough and they're dealing with it. They get on a TV show so they can "inform" people what its like having this many kids and how hard it is. After a few seasons suddenly everything is "paid for" by other people because they are fans of the show. However, Kate keeps bitching at Jon and Jon stands around like a big slug. Huh? I don't get this. I don't begrudge them the help but come on. They decided to have all these children and received a windfall and they are still complaining? What really irks me is what happened to the genuineness of the show? Wasn't the purpose to show how tough it is? If they're receiving all this help then doesn't that kind of defeat the whole point? I don't know, I guess its supposed to be reality TV and it doesn't seem very real to me. I mean, why don't the TV execs step into any one of our churches and start giving hand-outs? At least we could watch a show in which the parents were pleasant.

Am I nasty wench or does anybody else feel annoyed too?

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I think the whole thing is fake. No one take their kids to Hawaii. They are probably scripted to a certain extent and then just let the kids do what kids do. I dumped them a long time ago. I don't even like them.

Kricket said...

I think you and I are the only ones since nobody else commented lol.

*katie said...

The first time I saw it was right after my boys were born and I couldn't handle it because it stressed me out. I don't like Kate's attitude plus, I hear enough crying in my day that I don't want to listen to 8 more whiny voices:)