Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shiny Food and 52 blessings







We have a wonderful food storage group in our ward. We are so lucky to have a knowledgable woman as the head of this group. Thanks to her, we were able to get both the poucher and the canner from the Bishop's Storehouse so that none of us had to drive down to La Jolla. In the last several months we've participated in canning/pouching nights. In fact, I spent 3 hours tonight canning the last of my food storage (I still need to freeze more meat). I am so grateful for the advice of our Prophet. I feel much better knowing I have food to feed my family should the worst happen. This is my blessing for the week. I probably have about 3 months worth of food stored around the house. I took some pictures of my food storage. Like I said, this is only 3 months worth but it sure looks like more! I just need to figure out where to put the rest of it. :P












3 comments:

*katie said...

Good job!! I still need to get over to her house to can before she has to take it back. You're right, it definitely looks like more than 3 months!

**The WEDDLE clan: said...

I'm so proud of you. I just did some cans for the first time today. It's just comforting knowing that you have something for the family just in case huh? I miss hanging out but I guess that's what happens when Eric has home games. HAHA!

Ginger said...

This is so impressive! You are doing fantastic with this! It is such peace of mind to know you are prepared.