Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cold, marble floors



The new house we bought had marble floors. Cold, icky, mausoleum marble - bleh. Talk about freezing in the morning on your feet. Anyway, we decided to put wood floors over it . Actually, they are not even wood floors but vinyl meant to look like wood. Apparently, UCSD hospital (which has a grand piano player in the foyer) has them as well. I thought it was real wood. So, we decided to go for the vinyl because between dogs and boys, wood floors would get destroyed in less than a day. Here are some pictures. It was a ton of work. I didn't do anything but my in-laws flew out from Chicago to help my husband install them. It took them 6 days, two of which they were up past 2 a.m. They are such troopers!!! The new floor looks wonderful and is so waaaarm on my feeties. :P


6 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

LOVE the new floors!

Ginger said...

I would have never dreamed a vinyl floor could look so good. You are so smart! Not to mention brave. They are really beautiful.

Vidal's Nest said...

I don't have your email address. send it to me and I will send you the funeral potatoes recipe!
My email is vidal8@cox.net

kristifritzel said...

Looks great! Do you love your house? Congrats on surviving the move!

*katie said...

Sooooo, sooo pretty! I love the color! It even looks warmer:)

DANI KYNASTON said...

It looks great! I am thinking maybe we should do a change as well. How beautiful!