Friday, April 17, 2009

Pregnancy Sucks!

I'm reading this really funny pregnancy book called, Pregnancy Sucks. The author is very witty and I enjoy reading her. Here is an excerpt on morning sickness I thought some of you might enjoy:

"Morning sickness is like waking up every day for three months with a terrible flu. It usually begins in the fifth or sixth week of pregnancy and lingers until about the fourteenth. It doesn't creep up on you but comes on with a vengeance. It drains you of your spirit and takes away you ability to care about anything. The fridge is broken? Who cares, you're nauseated. The dog's fur just fell off? Not your problem.

No one knows the cause of morning sickness. There are several different theories. But even if no one can agree on the cause, they all agree on one thing. There is no cure. Believe me, if there were, I would have found it. There should be a clinic in every city across the nation devoted to find a cure. There should be a yearly telethon with a poster child of a green bloated woman clutching hard on to a toilet bowl.

During the worst of my morning sickness, I skipped my prenatal altogether, and took my everyday vitamin. Yes, I told my doctor first. I know you're thinking I'm a horrible mother depriving my helpless embryo of its nourishment, but how much riboflavin does a ten-cell organism need?"

3 comments:

Weston Family said...

So you're saying "Pregnancy Tucson"? Ha-ha! I am so sorry you're ill. I'd say it'll go away, but that just makes you want to hurt the person who said it. And you want it to go on forever so you can say "I told you it would never end!" Good luck with those technicolor yawns - I guess this wouldn't be a good time to tell you I rarely got sick. We would have only had one child if I were feeling like you. Hang in there!!!

DANI KYNASTON said...

Pregnancy is the worst. I wish the stork really did bring them. It is fun to hold them when they are brand new and see how they calm down when held against your heart or hear your voice. I always wonder, though if the sound of me puking would be the most comforting since it was the second most constant noise - next to my heart beat!

Ginger said...

I don't know anything good about pregnancy. I hated the constant sickness, the bloating and everything in between. In my world the babies would come from the men.