Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pool!

We are putting a pool in our backyard! We started construction about a week ago and the whole process is going really fast. I am so excited! We've had one minor glitch - we hit rock during the dig. We were about 6 feet in the deep end when we hit it. I really wanted the pool to be 8 feet since I know my boys are going to be jumping off anything they can. Well, we asked the crew to stay another day (this was expensive) and they hit 8 feet! I was so excited. It was well worth the extra money.

Anyway, I'll try to post pictures as the construction process continues. We should be done with the whole thing by mid May. I can't wait to sit outside, watch the kids play in the water, grill out and relax. Totally well worth it!
Measuring the space


Who's that old geezer?

The demolition crew

4 comments:

*katie said...

Exciting!! I'm excited to see the finished product!!

Vidal's Nest said...

So exciting!!! You will LOVE having one!
BTW~ I think I recognize the geezer...........

kristifritzel said...

how exciting, now we can invade your house and not just resort Proffitt! ;) How heavenly that sounds to grill and sit by the pool while the munchkins play. Not sure about that geezer, he is REALLY old! lol!

Ginger said...

It is going to be fabulous and it is also going to be beautiful!