Thursday, March 18, 2010

You guys ain't got nothin' on us!

I don't know about you, but I get pretty sick of hearing men talk about how bad it hurts when they get hit in the (you know). I am especially irritated by the drop to the ground and writhing about when it happens as well. Besides the lovely sensation of giving birth, we girls have other areas that make me want to tell those wimpy men: you ain't got nothin' on us!

The other day I was nursing my daughter. Poor thing had been sick with a cold and was snarling at me when....she bit me with her nasty little gummers! Oh my gosh did that hurt. So I yelled, "that hurt" and warned her if she did it again, I might not be feeding her anymore. Incidentally, I've had this conversation a few times with her. My husband was lying in bed and said to me in an admonishing tone, "she's sick, she can't help it." To which I replied, "how would you like it if she bit one of your testicles?" He looked stunned and said, "why do you have to go there?" I was thinking 'ditto'.

1 comment:

Ginger Proffitt said...

I always quit nursing when my babies decided that I was a teething ring. Some were quick learners and got to keep nursing, others went right to the bottle.