Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Family Style

IMG_2494_edited-1

I love Thanksgiving.  I get to spend time with my family and there’s no mad feeling of shop, shop, shop like Christmas.  Don’t get me wrong.  I like Christmas too but its definitely different than Thanksgiving. 

Everybody helped out this year.  My mother-in-law made potatoes and rolls, my mom made all the pies and helped me with everything else, hence the high five photo.  It was so relaxing and fun.  My mom took Julia on a walk in the morning to IMG_2485_edited-1 tire her out, which was great because she slept for a looong time while we were cooking.

Just my immediate family came, which always makes the holiday cozy and fun.  We even had the opportunity to take pictures of 4 generations of women!  Sorry boys.

IMG_2491_edited-1

Both my grandma and I made deviled eggs because, for some reason, everybody absolutely loves them.  Although, it was hard keeping the men away from the eggs until dinner.  We finally gave up.

Everybody had such a lovely time visiting and eating.  What a great day!

 

1 comment:

*katie said...

Looks like such a fun day, love the picture of your mom guarding the eggs:)